Trevor Campbell Davis, Download help

Trevor Campbell Davis tcd at eur.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 14:49:59 EDT 2011

Shevek,

I've been away, so apologies for not responding before now.

No good, I'm afraid - I've switched back to RTMP from flvstreamer, after
updating to RTMPDump 2.4.  So now I'm using the current version of
get_iplayer (2.79) and the latest RTMP.

But here's the thing - lots of TV programmes will download fine, as FLVs
converting on completion to mp4s.  But some won't - I can see them
downloading on the router, but an empty file envelope appears on the
destination drive, without a file type shown (in contrast to those
downloading successfully, which show a "partial.mp4" file type).

To give examples, I've just successfully downloaded the second episode of
The Code on BBC HD (PID b01320wn), with an mp4 file size of 1153 MB, but
failed to download Thursday's Elgar Prom on BBC4 (PID b012znpz), which does
the empty envelope trick.

Any idea what's going on?

Best wishes,

Trevor