WARNING: Stream does not start with requested FLV frame

Marshall Cleave Marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 13:41:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:49:29 +0100
marshall <marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk> wrote:

> On 02/08/11 13:09, chrism at spamcop.net wrote:
> > Quoting "David W. Legg" <dwlegg at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> For the last few days, I have been getting:
> >>
> >> 'WARNING: Stream does not start with requested FLV frame, ignoring
> >> data...
> >> 96382.681 kB / 254.76 sec (16.4%)
> >> Couldn't resume FLV file, try --skip 1
> >>
> >> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> >> ERROR: Failed to record 'The Sarah Jane Adventures: Series 4 -
> >> Lost in Time: Part 1 (b00vz64d)'
> >> '
> >>
> >> The WARNING gets repeated loads of times.
> >> I get a file of size about 95MB.
> >>
> >> The command was:
> >> 'get_iplayer --get 723 --modes=flashvhigh'
> >>
> >> Any steers?
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > I think this is all related to the issues that have been widely
> > reported on the list for the last week or so, which all seem to
> > stem from "rtmpdump" and restarting streams after a redirection.
> > The Beeb seem to have changed something around about last Tuesday.
> >
> > Make sure you have the latest patched version of the "get_iplayer"
> > script. Other than that, all I can suggest, if you get this issue,
> > is to delete the partial file and re-try the download.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris

> The RTMPdump 2.4 update came down this morning.
> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/rtmpdump
> I shall be testing tonight with a fresh git pull. :)
>
> Regards
> Marshall

Well, I have grabbed 18 programmes this afternoon with rtmpdump 2.4 and
a fresh get_iplayer from git. All came down without error. Most of
the downloads came from ceebeebees and a couple from bbc parliment. All
were in flashlow.
Anyone else able to confirm better stability with rtmpdump 2.4? or
maybe I'm just lucky this time.

Regards
Marshall

Sent from claws mail/nokia n900