Can watch iPLayer but not use get_iplayer?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:22:39 EDT 2011

On 15/04/2011 14:44, Ranec wrote:

> INFO: File name prefix =
> Civilisation_-_10._The_Smile_of_Reason_b0074r5v_default
> RTMPDump v2.2d
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: couldn't contact swfurl
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576 (HTTP error
> 301)
> Connecting ...

It looks like the BBC has relocated the flash player file referenced in
the URL above, but rtmpdump doesn't interpret the 301 response code to
go the new location.  I was hitting this last night, but it didn't kill
downloads on radio programmes, just tv.  That's not really a scientific
conclusion, though. I managed to get past it by replacing this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576

with this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf?revision=18269_21576

in the get_iplayer script.  Not sure if that's a real solution at this
point.  I think this may have happened before in days of yore - someone
here may remember.