New Script to fix broken FLV's with zip attachment

Steve startrek.steve at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:18:49 EDT 2011

On 12/04/2011 19:30, Steve wrote:
> Ok I do log Get_iplayer to my /tmp folder, I found the error msg its as
> follows:
> [snip]
> pipe:: could not find codec parameters
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: flv conversion failed - retaining flv file
> INFO: Recorded
> /home/steve/iplayer/Voodoo_Wasps_and_Zombie_Worms_-_Voodoo_Wasps_and_Zombie_Worms_b01061hk_default.partial.m4a.flv
>

   > Contrary to what I said before, the problem may in fact be the
version of the script you're using, after all. Download the updated
version from the github link I sent in > previous message and try
again.  It avoids sending ffmpeg commands connected by a pipe to the
shell and instead executes two ffmpeg commands in sequence via
   > system calls.  I've no idea why yours works sometimes and not others,
but let's eliminate perl/shell problems first before looking into your
ffmpeg version.

OK I've downloaded the latest script, did a test run with Afternoon
reading, looks ok so far, no broken downloads. I'll keep you informed,
log attached for your perusal.
Steve
PS Thanks!