Patched versions available on github

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:11:11 EDT 2011

I decided to indulge my inner librarian and publish versions of
get_iplayer with recent patches for download from github.  I thought it
might be of some use for anyone who needs a quick way to get the new
features that have been discussed on the list recently.  I also took the
opportunity to clean up the patches and make a clean git merge tree so
that the patches can be picked off by anyone who wants to use them.  If
you have any problems with a file you download from my github repo,
please reply to this thread.  No guarantees, express or implied, so back
up your existing get_iplayer before testing.

This supersedes my initial postings here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001220.html

Versions available:

If you're familiar with github, you can navigate the various branches
from my repository page:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer

Each of the links below will bring up a full get_iplayer script in your
browser.  Save the file and then backup and replace your existing script
(C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl on Windows,
<wherever>/get_iplayer on Linux/OSX).

I've set up a series of branches that offer a cumulative set of patches
so that you don't have to take all the new bits if you don't want to.
For example, if you only care about getting Radio 4 Extra in your
channel list, just download the first version below.

1. Only the patch from Jon Davies to add Radio 4 Extra to channels:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/r4extra/get_iplayer

2. All the above, plus patch from Shevek to make default remuxing of AAC
audio into M4A container (requires recent ffmpeg):

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/aactom4a/get_iplayer

3. All the above, plus patch from me to add --aactomp3 command-line
option to force transcoding AAC audio to MP3, for those who need it:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/aactom4a-mp3/get_iplayer

4. All the above:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/patched/get_iplayer