3rd go at M4A

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:21:31 EDT 2011

> This is basically my first patch (run through ffmpeg a second time for
> aac->m4a) but with better variable handling
>
> Let me know if this works in all the test scenarios everyone has and
> if so I'll submit the patch

@ Shevek
I tested your '3rd go at M4A' version.

With radio aac standard and aac low they created m4a files correctly.
The '--raw' switch still works too.

I downloaded a 3-hour radio show.
While it was muxing from flv to m4a I could see that it made 2 passes.
The time taken isn't excessive, even for the 3-hour show.

I loaded some of the m4a files onto my iPod Shuffle using gtkpod in Linux.
They play OK.

The tagging of the m4a radio shows is fine.

Richard_Allinson_-_26_03_2011_b00zp2fr_default.m4a -t
Atom "©too" contains: Lavf52.104.0
Atom "desc" contains: Join the 3.46 club with your early morning host Richard Allinson.
Atom "©cmt" contains: Join the 3.46 club with your early morning host Richard Allinson.
Atom "©nam" contains: Richard Allinson: 26/03/2011
Atom "tvsh" contains: Richard Allinson
Atom "tven" contains: b00zp2fr
Atom "©ART" contains: BBC Radio 2
Atom "aART" contains: BBC Radio 2
Atom "©alb" contains: Richard Allinson
Atom "©day" contains: 2011-03-26T03:00:00Z
Atom "rtng" contains: Clean Content
Atom "©gen" contains: Music,Classic Pop & Rock,Pop & Chart
Atom "covr" contains: 1 piece of artwork

The TV shows still seem to download OK.

I tested dinkypumpkin's aactomp3 patch separately.
That works OK for me too.