No subject

Fri Oct 22 17:57:35 EDT 2010

"Following Erik's departure we have decided, in part following conversations
within the division, to reorganise the Future Media & Technology area into
two more distinct areas - the development of our digital services to the
public such as BBC iPlayer (Future Media) and the core, underlying
technology which powers the BBC (Technology). And so rather than replacing
Erik with a new Director of FM&T, I have asked two of Erik's direct reports
to step up.

 As Chief Technology Officer (CTO), John Linwood will head up a new
Technology division which will be responsible for delivering the BBC's
digital needs in terms of production, broadcast, connectivity and enterprise
support. He will continue to be responsible for Information & Archives. The
division will be part of the Operations Group under the overall leadership
of the Chief Operating Officer, Caroline Thomson.  As CTO, John will sit on
the BBC Direction Group (BDG). "

Time to email John Linwood.

[1]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/2011/01/erik-huggers-to-leave-the-bbc