HD content still unavailable

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 06:07:04 EDT 2010

On 31/10/2010, at 9:37am, Jeff wrote:

> On 31 October 2010 08:16, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> BTW: I downloaded the first episode here - PID b00tw231, "Romans to Normans" - in order to test, and I do get the 1.2GB 1280x720 version.
>>

> I'm finding that I'm not getting the HD version of Renaissance
> Revolution - 3. Piero Della Francesca - Baptism of Christ - it doesn't
> appear listed in the versions get_iplayer tries yet it is available at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vt87g/hd/Renaissance_Revolution_Piero_Della_Francesca_Baptism_of_Christ/
>
> Has the BBC changed something again to fox get_iplayer? or is it just
> something that they've got wrong because it's also not appearing in
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Renaissance%20Revolution
>
> See log file below

Thanks for the output. :)
grep is your friend. ;)

$ get_iplayer -i 614 | grep -e "modes:" -ie "hd"
channel:        BBC HD
modes:          default: flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashlow1,flashlow2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,n95_3g1,n95_wifi1,rtsphigh1,rtsphigh2,rtsplow1,rtsplow2,rtspstd1,rtspstd2,rtspvhigh1,rtspvhigh2917 ~ $

So I have to ask: how do you know the video on the website page you linked to is HD?

Having said that, the show was only broadcast 14 hours ago. In the past, although I'm not sure how often or regularly, lower-quality versions have been made available on iPlayer before the HD ones. That's why my PVR options / present don't download a show until it's been available at least 24 hours.

Both the other episodes are available in HD, and it looks like the retention time on this show is 3 weeks. So I suggest you don't sweat it and post back in 48 hours.

aB.