Help requested - using get_iplayer on Mac OS X 10.6

Ian McDonald 3falconer at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 13:21:40 EDT 2010

On 22 Oct 2010, at 17:07, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:

> Ok,
>
> There's a bunch of things here.
>

> Firstly: please always use the reply-to-all button, then remove my address from the headers, and reply directly to get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org

Thanks very much for this message Andy, in particular for putting me right on the protocol!

My intention is to work through the command line procedures until I get them right, and I will do that following your instructions.  So I may well come back to you if I get stuck again (via the list).

In the short term I have followed Jeff's advice and downloaded the Automator, and it does precisely what  was looking for.  However, I'll never learn anything if I just dodge the seemingly difficult bits.

Thanks again.

Ian McDonald