HD content still unavailable

Kris LeC jinkuv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:39:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

> Just checking - you clicked on the link marked "snapshot" there, right?

Yes, I did it again just now to make sure, extracting the get_iplayer
and get_iplayer.cgi files from the "snapshot" location via winrar and
overwriting the originals.

> Ok, is this the file "get_iplayer" from the .tar.gz file you downloaded earlier, but renamed?

That's right, I renamed it get_iplayer.pl in both C:\Program Files and
Virtual Store\Program Files, the only two places on the system.

> You looked through what, exactly?

I opened get_iplayer.cgi and .pl in notepad++ and hunted for the URLs.

> If I open the get_iplayer program in Notepad and search (ctrl-f, case-sensitive) for swfurl, the second instance of it is on line 5825, where it says:
>
>   swfurl          => "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576",

I opened the (renamed) get_iplayer.pl and found this:

swfurl          => "http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576",

> I'm guessing that the get_iplayer program is called "get_iplayer.pl" on Windows, and I'm guessing it's in a directory called something like "C:\Program Files\get_iplayer" (possibly "C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer" on Windows 7??).

That's right, get_iplayer is located in \Program Files
(x86)\get_iplayer\ on Win7 x64.

Here you go: http://paste2.org/p/1067645

> If you look carefully at that (ctrl-f "swfUrl") then you'll see the authentication URL that your installed version of get_iplayer is actually using. This should end in "18269_21576".

Indeed it does!

> I hope this helps some. I'm sorry if I'm snippy, and I'm sorry I can't test on Windows. I sometimes feel a bit inadequate trying to help with Windows get_iplayer problems, but I kinda feel the need to wade in and try because no-one else ever does. So I hope I'm a little help, at least.

Your help is greatly appreciated! I'll do my best to help as best I
can too! It's greatly appreciated.

JK