Get_Iplayer and downloading other program versions

Aman Singer aman.singer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:13:36 EST 2010

Hello, all.
Let me first thank the developers and maintainers of get_iplayer for
developing an application which is both easy to use and very usable by blind
users. Both the web PVR manager and the command line application are
perfectly accessible with a screen reader.
	I find myself in some difficulty, though. I am working with another
blind user who wants the audiodescribed versions of programs, and I cannot
seem to get them. I have run the following commands.

get_iplayer 229
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.
Matches:
229:    Dig 1940 - 1. Battle of France and Dunkirk, BBC HD, Audio
Described,Fact
ual,History,TV, default,audiodescribed
INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

As you can see, this shows that the audiodescribed version is available.
However, this is what I get when I try to have the program obtained.
get_iplayer --get 229 --version audiodescribed
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.
Matches:
229:    Dig 1940 - 1. Battle of France and Dunkirk, BBC HD, Audio
Described,Fact
ual,History,TV, default,audiodescribed
INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: No versions of this programme were selected (default are available)

I get the same problem
No versions of this programme were selected (default are available)
When I try --version-list audiodescribed --version=audiodescribed or
--version-list=audiodescribed. I can't seem to get the right command to get
the audiodescribed version. I have tried and found similar issues with the
signed versions made available for deaf users. The audiodescribed versions
of programs do seem to be available through the iPlayer interface.
	Can anyone confirm this issue? I hope it is simply user error, but
am doubtful, as it does seem to be looking for versions, indicating the
command to look for the audiodescribed version is getting executed, but not
finding them.
	Thanks in advance.
Aman