Downloading from embedded players

Ross James ross_james at connectfree.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 13:28:47 EDT 2010

Hi people,

For the last few months I've been having trouble downloading from embedded
players in webpages e.g.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8875314.stm

It used to work fine, and was something I did regularly, so I can only
assume I'm using the wrong syntax. I've been trying many different commands,
for example "get_iplayer --get --url="<url>" --modes=flashnormal" but I
always get "No specified modes available for this programme", no matter what
modes I specify.

Could someone confirm whether this feature is still working, and if so, what
command line should I be using? Normal downloading by pid or from the index
works fine, and I'm using the Windows version.

Thanks so much

Ross