flashaudio producing garbled mp3

Dan Ashby dan at slickpepper.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:54:27 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply, David.

>> Note: I am running get_iplayer.pl version 2.78 on a Windows 7 64 bit OS.
>>
>> When downloading radio shows using --modes=flashaudio I have recently
been
>> getting a garbled mp3 as a result. The downloaded flv was the issue. It
>> appears that flvstreamer 2.1a was not doing a good job of resuming a
>> download after an 'ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet
>> header' error occurred. I grabbed a binary for 2.1c1 of flvstreamer from
>> the link below and all appears well again:
>>
>> <http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/flvstreamer/win32/>
>>
>> I hope this may help someone avoid the hassles I've had in locating this
>> problem.

> The Windows installer will use rtmpdump -- does that have the same
> problem?

I haven't used that installer. My installation is a pre-fork version that
I've been updating. I will try to check at some point and let you know.
flvstreamer didn't used to do it to me.

>> On another point, I can't see where the default locations for various
>> binaries are set - I know how to override them in the options file or on
>> the command line, but how, for instance does get_iplayer figure out
where
>> mplayer is?

> On Windows? I don't think it does. Unless you're using a real computer,
> I think it *has* to be configured.

I can't find any file that notes the location hence my question. On my
system mplayer.exe is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\mplayer\MPlayer-1.0rc2

Running 'get_iplayer.cmd --prefs-show' only shows:

Options in 'C:\Users\dan/.get_iplayer/options'
        modes = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashaudio,iphone
        output = d:\iplayer

...which is simply what I've set. I just can't see how mplayer is
referenced and therefore located.

As for whether or not Windows qualifies as a real computer (I assume you
mean OS) I'm not getting involved :)

Cheers,

Dan