Using Bmap-tools together with dfu-util

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:57:08 PST 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 21:40 +0000, Martin Siegumfeldt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to combine bmap-tool with dfu-util
> rather than writing to an SD card? The use case is an image generated
> by Openembedded (using wic) as a combination of vfat- and ext4
> partitions that is currently flashed using dfu-util to an eMMC chip.
> The ext4 partition is empty and the complete partition is transferred
> blind-folded by dfu-util, hence I assume there must be a way to
> optimize this?

Well, the only prerequisite is the image created properly, with holes.
The partition does not matter then.

Bmap-tools was added to wic in Yocto, AFAIK, but I never used
wic/yocto. May be one of the folks in CC knows?

I do not know dfu-util either, so I di not know for sure what it takes
to make it use bmat-tools. I guess you or someone should just try and
see.