f2fs filesystem in bmap-tool

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:53:47 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 13:35 +0200, Alfredo Pons wrote:
> It is planned to work with the f2fs filesystem?
> Currently it is not supported.

Do you want to use f2fs on the build host (the image is created on a
host which uses f2fs) or you want the image to contain f2fs, while the
build host uses something else like ext4?

Or please, elaborate some more what do you mean by not supported, what
are the symptoms?

>From the build host side, bmap-tools relies on the FIEMAP or FIBMAP
ioctls. Does f2fs support them, if yes, then there should be no
problem. Otherwise, we'd need to see if f2fs offers any alternatives to
these ioctls.

Thanks!