curious about results

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:31:34 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 03:24 -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Is it because the ext3 filesystem (on which these images are based)
> is... messy? Is ext3 scattering the filesystem data everywhere, making
> it harder to skip empty blocks?

Ext3 is fine, I believe. This must be related to how OE creates images.
Unfortunately, you would need to delve into OE internals to get the
answer. Or may be get some help from OE developers about how OE creates
images, and why the resulting images are not sparse. There are many
potential reasons for this, which I could imagine.

If you are willing to delve into OE, I'll be happy to assist. Feel free
to keep me or this mailing list (If OE guys do not mind) in CC. Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy