bareboxenv-target

Ahmad Fatoum a.fatoum at pengutronix.de
Mon May 31 10:10:32 PDT 2021

On 23.03.21 16:47, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:

>>> Just ran into the same issue. Cause is as Roland describes the lack of --sysroot
>>> as default and that it comes in via $CC, which Kbuild doesn't expect.
>>>
>>> I guess this would break building kernel host tools too or how do they solve it?

> Thanks for trying it out. Well, this is a general incompatibility of the SDK's environment
> setup script with Kbuild then. I am wondering why they decided on not having a default
> --sysroot. Raising the issue upstream could shed some light on this and perhaps result
> in a fix. I don't think there is anything to fix here at the barebox side.
>
> FTR: we use meta-ptx extensively and AFAIK we haven't run into this issue. It only
> popped up when using the SDK build, so bitbake seems to do the right thing in that case.

FTR: There's a pending meta-ptx fix here:
https://github.com/pengutronix/meta-ptx/pull/74

The solution for now seems to be to:

export TARGETCFLAGS="${TARGET_LDFLAGS}${HOST_CC_ARCH}${TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS}"
export userccflags="${TARGETCFLAGS}"

It's yet unclear whether userccflags is meant to be used this way, but it works
for barebox.

Cheers,
Ahmad