Using barebox-state as library

barebox+mailing at cookiesoft.de barebox+mailing at cookiesoft.de
Wed Feb 10 03:37:00 EST 2021

Hey everyone,

I would like to set and read barebox-states during runtime. Unfortunately only a binary is available to be used.
But because the variable names and values are from an untrusted environment, I don't like them to be passed to a shell directly.
Therefore I would like to use a barebox-state library, which offers some functions, e.g. read_var, set_var, ...

An other approach would be some kind of IPC, e.g. dbus or similar, but I'm not sure if that would fit into the simplicity of the current binary.

Do you see any other possibilities so fetch and set variables from the barebox-state?

Greetings,
Marcel