reset / watchdog on an imx7d soc

Giorgio Dal Molin giorgio.nicole at arcor.de
Tue Jun 23 11:11:28 EDT 2020

Hi Fabio,

thank you for your quick reply.

I've already found the errata you linked in your mail but I had no success
applying the suggestion there; maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Let's take the Option 3 there:

  Use the SNVS LPCR register to turn off the system power

It suggests to set the SNVS_LPCR[TOP] bit together with SNVS_LPCR[DP_EN], this
would mean something like:

# mw -l 0x30370038 0x00000060

But the effect of this write is to hang the soc.

The same happens with the Option 2 in the errata:

   Use SRC_A7RCR0[A7_CORE_POR_RESET0] to reset the ARM A7.

To do this I use:

# mw -l 0x30390004 0x00000003

but again the soc just hangs as with the watchdog.

giorgio