barebox for a ti am335x based board

Giorgio Dal Molin giorgio.nicole at arcor.de
Tue Feb 13 14:12:54 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to add board code for an am335x based HW project.
I had a look at similar boards like 'boards/phytec-som-am335x'
or 'boards/beaglebone'.
I understand that I need two images: the (little) MLO and the
(bigger) barebox.

What it's not really clear is how the MLO loads and starts the
barebox.

Moreover I saw there's always a call to:

 am33xx_save_bootinfo((void *)bootinfo);

in the MLO lowlevel entry function; I suspect the argument
'bootinfo' is the register r0 left by the function __barebox_arm_head()
but I cannot really understand the logic behind it.

giorgio