barebox-state setup

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue May 23 01:01:39 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 02:47:18PM +0200, Andreas Wilhelm wrote:

> > First of all, what storage device are you using? Is it a real flash or
> > some EEPROM or NVRAM?
>
> we are using an SPI NOR flash Micron N25Q128A13ESE40F. Are there any
> known issues with this kind of chips? And what could cause such
> behavior as shown above?

No, there is no known issue. I just wanted to know because real flashes
use the circular backend while EEPROMs use the direct backend.

I just posted a state example dtsi file which works on a Phytec phyFLEX
i.MX6 board. This also contains a SPI NOR flash and I just verified this
works fine on current master with dt-utils 2017.03.0. Maybe you could
compare this with your current setup and see if you find any
differences.