State Framework and dtb

Çağlar Kilimci ckilimci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 23:54:56 PDT 2017

Hello,

> I should have never implemented this freeing of the stored device tree.
> There are too many pointers in the code to nodes of this tree. Please
> do not use this free/load device tree feature for state.

Sure, I usually avoid using it. Here I use to test it if it is able to
read the dtb or not? Apparently, it "can" read and parse it but at the
boot stage, it does not care.

> So you edited
> the devicetree in the barebox source code, built a new binary with it
> and started it. Now when you enter "of_dump /state at 0" you should
> see the state node you created. Is that what happens?

No, not at all. I could not any sign of state (or state at 0).
barebox at Phytec phyCORE AM335x:/ of_dump /state at 0
Cannot find nodepath /state at 0
of_dump: No such file or directory

--
Çağlar Kilimci