Information regarding iMX6 QuadPlus and iMX6 DualLite

gianluca gianlucarenzi at eurekelettronica.it
Thu Mar 23 08:04:42 PDT 2017

Hello,
I was looking around to have a common Barebox binary to bootup two
boards based on iMX6 SoC.

The PCB are at 99.8% the same.
PCB#0 has iMX6QP and a VDDCore of 1.38V (LDO enabled)
PCB#1 has iMX6DL and a VDDCore of 1.32V (LDO enabled)

I was wondering how other boards (like Nitrogen6x) does for booting.

As soon as my boards have the same DDR Memory routing and types, the oly
thing I can think is the different memory address space for DDR controller.

In fact, the Nitrogen6x boards, differs from the #include of the ddr
controller (one is for dual-lite, the other for quad).

But I do not found any switch between choosing one Soc or another.
Where is done the startup entry?
And the maximum clock speed??? Those SoC has different clock maximum
speed, so I think someone has to tell it to run @800 Mhz or @1Ghz. Is
this true?

Are those stuff the only things that matters?

Regards,
--
Eurek s.r.l.                          |
Electronic Engineering                | http://www.eurek.it