Observations with AT91SAM9263-EK

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Mon Jul 3 09:34:58 PDT 2017

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 12:19 AM, Sam Ravnborg <sam at ravnborg.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> I recently purchased an AT91SAM9263-EK from ebay and
> have played around a little with barebox.
> For now only some observations.
>
> I had the impression that I could
> drop AT91BootStrap when using barebox.

Yes Wrote the support for that but on the 9263 you are limited.

you have 2 choice boot a small barebox <= 72kiB

or use a console less barebox to boot the second barebox

as the rom code on at91 will load the barebox from the SD or Nand
into SRAM

> But I could not make it boot until I deployed
> at91bootstrap (named BOOT.BIN) on the SD-card.
> And I named arch/arm/pbl/zbarebox.bin => u-boot.bin
> on the SD-card.

on 9263ek you have a nor flash so why not flash it

in this case barebox will boot by itself

without the bootstrap

Best Regards,
J.