squashfs: corrupted kernel image when booting/reading from squashfs

Ulrich Ölmann u.oelmann at pengutronix.de
Sat Feb 4 03:35:25 PST 2017

Hi Falco,

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 12:24:47PM +0100, Falco Hyfing wrote:
> I try to boot a kernel-fit.itb from squashfs (xz compressed) volume while the
> same kernel-fit.itb is bootable from a fat volume:

currently barebox' squashfs driver seems to be broken if not used with lzo
compression: the symptom is barebox only reading the first squashfs block
correctly.

I looked into this some months ago, but did not manage to find and fix the bug
in reasonable time. As the barebox driver has been ported from the linux kernel,
the latter is a working reference to look at when debugging.

So you are welcome to hack on it and send patches. :)

Best regards
Ulrich