State patches

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Mon Apr 3 13:15:11 PDT 2017

Hi Sasha.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 09:03:04AM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is a ton of patches working on the state framework:
>
> - make code easier to follow
>   - Drop cached backend, replace with open coded more direct code
>   - drop backend as extra struct type
>   - drop lazy init code
> - update documentation
> - Add keystore command
>   Using authenticated state requires hardware support which currently
>   is only available for i.MX6. At least for testing purposes a keystore
>   command to set keys is useful. This way authenticated state can be
>   tested without hardware support
> - more robust conversion of the backend path to a device node
> - make work better with NOR flash: The current code ended up reading
>   from NOR Flash byte by byte which was painfully slow

>From browsing the patches this also brings a nice boot time improvement.
We avoid earsing the whole block (or whatever the right name is) until
we have filled it up with state entries.
I expect this tospeed up booting with at least a second on our target.

Will this require a newer version of dt-utils to work?
(When we for example update the sate from linux userspace)

	Sam