Add and use function API for UBI

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Sep 22 00:49:22 PDT 2016

We currently use a ioctl API to manipulate UBI devices. This is
suboptimal since we have to carry code for all ioctls with us, even
when some of it may be unused. This series expands the UBI API with
calls to add/remove volumes and uses it inside the UBI commands.
The next step would be to move the commands to separate files and
to make them Kconfig configurable individually.

Sascha Hauer (4):
      mtd: ubi: Add API calls to create/remove volumes
      mtd: ubi: introduce barebox specific ioctl to get ubi_num
      mtd: ubi: commands: use function API to access ubi volumes
      mtd: ubi: remove now unused ioctls

 include/linux/mtd/ubi.h   |  3 +++
 include/mtd/ubi-user.h    |  2 ++