How to port brcmnand Linux driver?

Eric Le Bihan eric.le.bihan.dev at free.fr
Wed Sep 21 01:40:43 PDT 2016

Hi!

I'm trying to port the brcmnand driver for Broadcom NAND controller from Linux.
This driver requires an update of the MTD headers in barebox, as they lack
definitions for functions such as mtd_set_ooblayout().

What is the recommended strategy for this? Should I update the whole set of
headers and report the barebox specific changes (use of device_d, etc) or only
add the missing functions?

In general, when adding such driver, should the functions unsupported by barebox
(irq handling, memory barriers, etc) be stubbed or removed?

Best regards,

--
ELB