nv variable changes

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Fri Jul 22 03:39:13 PDT 2016

This series has some changes for nv variables. The most significant change:
nv variables are now automatically saved when they are changed. This makes
an explicit 'saveenv' unnecessary. Since we do not want excessive write
accesses on the environment storage we save the variables only on shutdown.
The rest of the environment is still shall not automatically be saved, to
implement this the nv variable code reads the environment from storage,
changes the nv variables and writes it back to storage.

Sascha Hauer (6):
      nv: Do not save nv variables while loading
      nv: Save nv variables on shutdown
      nv: Add option to explicitly save nv variables
      nv: Allow to set/remove multiple variables with one command
      nv: Use dev_remove_param to delete nv variable
      nv: Allow wildcards when removing NV vars

 commands/nv.c        |  43 ++++++++++-------
 common/environment.c |   4 ++
 include/globalvar.h  |   3 ++