of_state_fixup / different path in barebox and kernel

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Feb 17 10:14:56 PST 2016

Dear List,

I have a custom board with an AM335x on it.  We used to have an I2C
EEPROM for keeping the boot state, but moved that to SPI in a subsequent
version.

The SPI EEPROM uses gpio-based chip select, which is supported by linux
kernel spi-omap2-mcspi.c.  However, it is not supported by barebox.

My "solution" was to simply use the gpio-bitbang in barebox, which also
works fine for those few bytes that need to be read, performance doesn't
matter.

Now however I can no longer boot any kernel image, as of_state_fixup
fails in

	backend_node = of_find_node_by_path_from(root, state->backend->of_path);

due to the fact that the of-path of the EEPROM is different in the
barebox device tree (/spi_gpio/m95m02 at 0) than in the kernel device tree
(/ocp/spi at 481a0000/m95m02 at 0)

Is there any designated solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance,
	Harald