AM335x Porting Questions

Jonathan Stackhouse jon at beiwy.com
Thu Dec 8 14:04:29 PST 2016

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I've modified all of the files that you've listed.

My next couple of questions are aimed at anyone in the community who may
know their answers.
Does the MLO/PBL depend on the device tree in order to do the low-level
initialization? I'm assuming that it does since the lowlevel.c for the
beaglebone contains the line "fdt = __dtb_z_am335x_bone_common_start;", but
I don't know. If it does, to what extent does it depend upon the device
tree?

Do I need to have a "working" device tree before I can use barebox? My hope
was that I could get barebox up and running first, then build and test the
device tree (although I have already been working on one).

Are there any other pointers that anyone can offer me?

Thank you,

Jon Stackhouse