imx53 memory detection

Jason Cobham cobham.jason at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:08:01 PDT 2016

Support for Barebox on the Digi connectcore imx53 board stopped
working recently. I believe the memory detection never worked properly
to begin with. I've re-factored lowlevel.c to match similar mx53
boards, however the ram size is always detected incorrectly. I have a
reliable way of detecting the board memory size in device_initcall.

I've tried adding mem_initcall/arm_add_mem_device() however mmu
support causes a panic when enabled. without mmu support enabled, the
board boots with the correct memory size however I get an error,
"Cannot request SDRAM region for stack".

I've tried to use the freescale loco/qsb as a template since the digi
board is similar, but I don't see where it's memory size is defined. I
assume it's automatically detected.

If my board can't be automatically detected, what's a typical way to
setup memory on this type of board?

Thanks,
Jason