Scrolling issues in edit command

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:31:21 PDT 2016

Hello,

> On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 01:01:02PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> However if there are other issues I would also like to find out. If
>> you would like to suggest any new tests please let me know and I'll be
>> happy to try them here.
> There are ANSI control sequences for scrolling, too. I don't know if
> they are used, but if they were it would greatly reduce the needed
> bandwidth.

The ANSI control sequences are disabled by default, but they are used
if the command is invoked as "sedit" instead of "edit".

When the command is invoked as "sedit" the scrolling problem is gone.

I guess this more or less supports the hypothesis that the problem
could be caused by losing incoming characters due to the lack of FIFOs
in this port + the repainting performed by "edit". If this sounds
reasonable then I guess there's not much more that can be done here. I
just wanted to make suere there were no other underlying problems.

Thank you all for the feedback and help,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez at gmail.com