i.MX6 PCIe support

Andrey Smirnov andrew.smirnov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:56:30 PST 2015

Hi All,

I am working on adding EEPROM programming capabilities to e1000 driver
on a custom i.MX6Q (automotive) board with i210 (8086:1531) connected
over PCIe link. Unfortunately I am observing some bad/unexpected
behavior that might indicate PCIe issues.

What I am seeing is device(i210) enumerating on PCIe bus, however any
accesses to its registers via its memory "window" result in either
0xFFFFFFFF or 0xDEADBEEF. I tried accessing various PCIe configuration
registers of that device and it seem to work fine (as a part of that
test I read out some AER registers and they didn't indicate presence
of any PCIe link related errors).

However when I boot Linux kernel (with 'igb' driver patched to
recognize 8086:1531 VID:PID) on that board and run 'eepromARMtool'
(Intel provided EEPROM programming tool) I can see it reading various
registers correctly

My questions are:
   - Is anyone currently using i.MX6 PCIe driver in 'next' branch?
   - Has anyone seen similar behavior on this particular controller
and discovered the root cause?

Any thought or advise are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrey Smirnov