Usage of i2c_-Tools in Barebox

Marcel Behlau marcel.behlau at elfin.de
Tue May 5 07:56:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

i'm using a phyFLEX-i.MX6 SBC and want to communicate with an external
µC over I2C. I only want to read/set 1 register, so i tried to use the
builtin i2c_read and i2c_write-Commands. The µC is connected to i2c-bus
1 of the device, so i tried to probe the hole bus with "i2c_bus 1 3 30".
The command only answered with "i2c_probe: No such device". I tried also
the busses 0-3, with the same result. I searched in the board.c
sourcecode of the phyflex, but couldn't find i2c related stuff, so i
think, i have to add the initalisation for the i2c.

Do i have to add the i2c-init in the boards/phytec-pfla02/board.c -file?
Is there some documenation about this stuff?

Thank in advance,

Marcel

--
Dipl. Ing (FH) Marcel Behlau