[RFC 2/4] Add rsa support

Jan Lübbe jlu at pengutronix.de
Tue Mar 17 05:09:50 PDT 2015

Hi Jean-Christophe,

On Di, 2015-03-17 at 11:48 +0100, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> > Could you explain your image format in a bit more detail? How your
> > intend to defend against a mix-and-match attack?
>
> One of the format we are using can only be one configure signed or/and
> encrypted so no mix-and-match attack

Sorry, it's still not clear to me. Do you mean you would use FIT in that
case (it supports signed configurations)? Or do you mean that you are
using several formats, one of which uses signed/encrypted configurations
of kernel/initramfs/dt?

I want to understand how your image formats would be used in the larger
context of a BSP or distribution. Please describe which image formats
you want to support (in addition to FIT). How are they structured? How
are they generated? Are they already supported by other software?

Thanks,
Jan