ARM: UBI/UBIFS on spi-nor

Renaud Barbier renaud.barbier at ge.com
Fri Mar 13 08:49:12 PDT 2015

Hello,
I have a cortex-A9 based platform featuring a spi-nor (n25q256a).
I have disabled 4KB sector for this spi-nor in order to use UBI/UBIFS.

So far I can ubiattach, mount and copy small files (~65KB or 2 sectors)
to ramfs. Copying a bigger file (512KB) leads to a read failure
(ubifs_search_zbranch fails to find matching keys) and only part of the
file is copied (always the same amount).

With Linux, I have not seen any issue and the boot loader SPI driver I
ported seems to work fine as write-read-compare pass.

Has anybody used UBI/UBIFS on spi-nor successfully or seen a similar issue?

cheers.