Rockchip RK3188

Панов Андрей rockford at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 4 10:28:44 PST 2015

Hello!

> Hey all,
>
> I saw some mails and patches passing by for the Rockchip RK3188. Since I
> am just starting a project with a RK3188 I was wondering if there are
> ppl that have more info than the pathetic databook from Rochchip.

All known documents are on http://rockchip.fr/
3188 TRM: http://rockchip.fr/Rockchip%20RK3188%20TRM%20V1.3.pdf
PX2 TRM: http://rockchip.fr/Rockchip%20PX2%20TRM%20V1.0.pdf
PX2 document is more complete and has description of parts missing in 3188 doc.
Chips are similar in many parts and PX2 doc can be used as reference.

> Also it seems large parts (even essential things like the NAND
> controller) are closed source kernel blobs ?
>
> How is this dealt with in barebox? Is NAND even usable ?

NAND works with Radxa supplied images with 3.0.36+ kernel and
does not with mainline.

Barebox (with patches) supports SD and network controllers.

--
 Андрей