Modifying Barebox variables from Linux

Boulais, Marc-Andre maboulais at rheinmetall.ca
Mon Feb 2 13:20:18 PST 2015

Hi,
I am working on an Phytec Phycore-OMAP4460 platform with a Linux BSP (provided by Phytec) which uses Barebox 2013.1.0 to boot the OMAP4. Our application previously ran in a Linux system where U-Boot was used. We could change U-boot variables from the Linux command line as follows:

fw_setenv bootargs 'mem=512M console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mtdblock4 ro rootfstype=yaffs2'

How would I go doing the same with Barebox ? Is bareboxenv-target part of the solution ?

Many thanks,