Passing devicetree to kernel

Steffen Trumtrar s.trumtrar at pengutronix.de
Fri Aug 14 01:53:24 PDT 2015

Hi!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 09:58:51AM -0700, Raj Swaminathan wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> I am using Altera's cyclone 5 SoCFPGA.
>
> Barebox version 2015.04.0
> Linux is rocketboards version 3.18.0

Why are you using exactly these versions? Just curious.

> I put some debug statements into the code at common/bootm.c and found
> that the internal device tree is being used and it is the right
> version. The problem is probably in the way I'm manipulating the
> devicetree in barebox. I'm trying to enable some devices and fill up
> the mac address field in barebox before i hand off the same devicetree
> to the kernel.  One way i have gotten around the problem is to keep 2
> versions of the devicetree but have barebox open the kernel devicetree
> file and modify it.

The linux clkdriver can't handle the internal devicetree from barebox and
hangs. See the patches I just posted. It works with v2015.08.0 and 4.2-rc6.
What really breaks the linux boot is the mpu_periph_clk, though. It is
marked as gate-clk but doesn't have one specified, resulting in a NULL
pointer.

Regards,
Steffen