Building and booting Barebox on Pandaboard

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon Mar 31 11:09:20 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:04:18PM +0800, Nur Hussein wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using barebox-2014.03.0 to try to boot on a Pandaboard ES. I have followed the instructions in the docs:
>
> http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:omap
>
> I could not however find a barebox.bin.ift file in the output, so I guessed and went with the barebox-flash-image linked file and named it MLO.

Yes, right. barebox-flash-image is the correct file to use. I updated
this in the wiki.

> It did not work. The Pandaboard ES did not boot.

Due to updates the panda_*defconfig configs currently do not build for
the panda board. Please either manually call a make menuconfig and set
the config back to panda:

System Type  --->
  OMAP Features  --->
    Select OMAP board (Texas Instrument's Panda Board)  --->

Or apply the patch I just sent to the list:

ARM: Panda: Fix board selection in panda defconfig files

I'm not 100% sure the ES variant is supported. What was the difference
between the ES and the regular board again? Does the ES have a omap4460
whereas the regular board has a omap4430? If yes then the ES should be
supported.