i.MX21 ADS NAND flash bad blocks scan. Barebox vs Linux

Alexander Aring alex.aring at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 02:22:22 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:25:59PM +0000, Cristiano De Alti wrote:
> Alexander Aring <alex.aring at ...> writes:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > just an idea... don't asking about why. But can you please disable
> >
> > ARM_OPTIMZED_STRING_FUNCTIONS
> >
> > and test it again? I will check something there...
> >
> > - Alex
> >

> I've disabled the above CONFIG in Barebox and I don't see any difference in
> the duration of the bad blocks scan. Should it take longer?
> What was the idea here?
> Thanks for your help. I didn't imagine supporting this board was still of
> some interest for someone ;)

mhh then sorry, I experienced a slow imx nand some time ago, too. The
config ARM_OPTIMZED_STRING_FUNCTIONS helped to improve the speedup. Was
just a try, I never looked deeper into the issue...

The issue was a slow tftp with a 'special' host ethernet card. I never
realize what the real problem was and I don't have this hardware anymore.

- Alex