[RFC] net: picoping: try to make it asynchronious: fail

Daniele Lacamera daniele.lacamera at tass.be
Mon Jun 2 05:36:09 PDT 2014

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:

>> How I see it pico_icmp4_ping should return the cookie so that a ping
>> abort function can be implemented:
>>
>> void pico_icmp4_ping_abort(struct pico_icmp4_ping_cookie *cookie)

Hello Sascha, et al.

PicoTCP now supports abort operations for ping (both IPv4 and IPv6).
Our documentation has been updated accordingly.

I wrote a quick test on top of Antony's proposal, and it seems to work
as expected. Now the ping can be interrupted using ctrl+c, and the
operation is terminated.

See my version of the example over here (requires the newest
modules/pico_icmpv4.c and .h from picotcp:0c5b5e3a2d) :

http://pastebin.com/bG3tRZzm

I am going to do the same with the dhcp client shortly.

Regards,

--
Daniele