picotcp tftp support [was Adding IPv4 multicast support]

Daniele Lacamera daniele.lacamera at tass.be
Tue Jul 15 03:57:21 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Antony Pavlov <antonynpavlov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I will be able to provide such an interface by using a similar
>> approach to what you used for ping (so via net_poll() routine called
>> in a loop), assuming that your posix-like interface expects blocking
>> calls for read/write operations.
>
> Alas! We can't use this approach for tftp because tftp is a FILESYSTEM in barebox.

Then again, I'd like to know if your FS implementation actually needs
blocking call, and in case, where is the code supposed to block. Does
barebox have some kind of support for multiple threads, or a default
event loop where background operations can be added? Or are the FS
calls non blocking?

Sorry for asking dumb questions, I am not a barebox developer and I am
just trying to figure out what is your execution model. There
certainly is a way to integrate my TFTP implementation as soon as I
realize what is your model: as for instance we have blocking POSIX
socket calls implemented with and without an OS infrastructure, and we
are able to realize blocking calls on any systems, being baremetal or
multithtreaded.

Thanks

/D