bug in arm_cpu_lowlevel_init ??

zzs zzs213 at 126.com
Thu Feb 27 02:51:26 EST 2014

> The lr (r14) register has different instances, one for each mode. It
> could be that once we switch to a different mode in arm_cpu_lowlevel_init
> we see another instance of r14. So to me the patch looks correct, we
> shouldn't rely on lr as return address but rather use another register
> for storing the address.
> The above only happens though when the CPU is not in SVC32 mode already.
> What first stage loader are you using? Could you analyze in which mode
> the CPU is when the loader jumps to barebox?

The first stage loader was written by myself longlong ago. So forgot the
details.  I just look the code closer, Found the flowwing line just
before jumps to barebox.

  asm ("msr CPSR_c, %0" : :"i"(ARM_MODE_SYS|I_BIT|F_BIT));

So it seems the cpu is in system mode when run barebox.
Your explanation is right.

--
Best Regards,
zzs