Suggestions for new i.MX6 board

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 08:05:38 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I'm going to implement barebox to an i.MX6Q based board we've
developed in the company I work for.

Now the very first question is: to CONFIG_IMX_MULTI_BOARDS or not to
CONFIG_IMX_MULTI_BOARDS??

For example, I see in "make xconfig" that some boards are made in a
multi-board way, e.g. they are active when CONFIG_IMX_MULTI_BOARDS is
set (e.g. Sabrelite). However, there is one that is only visible
without that config,. the Armadillo2. Obviously I could do it this are
that way, so which should I use?   Personally I don't think that it
makes sense to compile a barebox binary that runs on different boards,
I don't even know how the boot loader would discriminate if it runs on
board A or board B ...

Or, I could phrase that question differently: from all the existing
i.MX6 boards, which one is the one with the least bitrot, i.e. which
one should I take as a template?