FW: Barebox on Karo TX25

John Parker John.Parker at lucyautomation.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 11:13:34 EST 2013

Hi Sascha

I still have a problem with barebox freezing.

I've tried various things as you have suggested, but have not got any further.

Issuing wd 100, followed by wd repeated every few seconds seems to keep the system alive so it looks like the watchdog is to blame.

According to the mx25 reference manual the watchdog is disabled until it is enabled by setting the WDE bit.

I can't find anything (yet) in the startup which enables the watchdog by default?

Does the flash header you sent me include anything which enables the watchdog?

Despite this I have been able to follow your instructions and have got as far as copying the bin file to nand but resetting the board (with the usbloader jumper off") does not produce any output.

The barebox-flash-image link points to a zbarebox.bin which is what I've copied to nand. Was this right?

Many thanks for all your efforts

Regards

John