Unable to Boot from NAND on Mini2440

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Mon May 27 03:26:58 EDT 2013

Vikram Narayanan wrote:
> On 21/05/2013 00:26, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> > Hmm, never had a Mini2440 with a 1 GiB NAND. Can you see, what kind of
> > SDRAM devices are on your Mini2440 board? Maybe they also changed the
> > SDRAMs...
>
> Sorry, I was totally away from mail access.
> Here is the name on the chip.
> K4S561632N -> 256 Mbit x 2

This memory is different from the HY57V561620 and MT48LC16M16 types I know and
Barebox is adapted to.

Maybe your system doesn't come up due to a wrong SDRAM configuration.

You should compare the SDRAM datasheets and check if the SDRAM controller
settings in Mini2440 'config.h' match the requirements of your SDRAM type.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |