2013.05 breaking Linux boot on imx28 CFA-10036

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Thu May 23 05:46:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've tested lately both 2013.05.0 and the master of Barebox on the imx28
cfa-10036 board we have.

Everything works fine with 2013.04.0.

The issue I have is that Barebox in itself works fine, however, Linux
fails to boot after it has been started by Barebox, quite early and
badly:

http://code.bulix.org/s3z010-83581

I've tried to bisect it, but didn't get very far, since there are other
issues coming in, that prevent a full Linux boot (but it might be
related to Linux itself, anyway.)

So, the last fully working commit I could find is cf95711e

Its child commit, 9d8e0835, boots the kernel, but just before actually
booting it, displays the error "fdt_initrd: FDT_ERR_BADLAYOUT", so that
might be an hint.

The configuration I'm using is cfa10036_defconfig.

Thanks,
Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons