New dt-only arm/mach

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 12 14:37:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

Le 12/03/2013 18:50, Alexander Shiyan a écrit :
>> Le 10/03/2013 15:13, Alexander Shiyan a écrit :
>> It can be done as well I guess, but that doesn't sound that familiar
>> from what I've seen in the other barebox boards.
>
> Kernel no contain any board for mach-sunxi.
> This mean than all stuff is described via DT.
> In the barebox we should have "mach" & "board", so I think we
> should create empty (fake) board for architectures like this.

Yes, thanks, I'm pretty familiar with the kernel code for mach-sunxi...

Barebox is not the kernel. And there's already a number of other
architectures that are supported in barebox that boot a kernel that
supports only the device tree, like Jean-Christophe said, such as imx,
mxs, highbank, at91, etc...

So, really, there's nothing fancy about supporting an architecture which
*kernel* requires device tree.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons